The Trevor Arms - closed

The Trevor Arms

The Trevor Arms closed, without warning, in January 2017. At the time we hoped and assumed that this would be temporary and that new tenants would soon be found to open up what was not only our "local" but also served as a hub for much of village life.

Events were planned there, meetings & celebrations were held there, guests were entertained there and it was the one space in the village where people could meet up informally to chat about our lives and what was going on locally.

It is now sorely missed by many and, in the absence of any announcements, rumours abound about the future of the building. It has been suggested that there are structural and other problems that will have to be fixed before it can be used again. So far there has been no sign of this happening.

For 166 years it was a Harvey's tied house but the connection with the brewery was severed in 2011 and it was then run as a free house until it closed. There is a detailed history of the pub on our history pages, starting from when it was built by John Harvey in anticipation of the opening of the railway in 1845.

For all enquiries please contact the owners of the building – Glynde Estates.